Website traffic statistics
Pages viewed and unique visitors to WCN Online
Jan '18985,30537,424
Dec '17805,27831,110
Nov '17806,48132,160
Oct '17733,01434,345
Sep '17685,28725,490
Aug '17947,20130,169
Jul '17688,12024,645
Jun '17710,85423,452
May '17809,49122,808
Apr '17600,63723,897
Mar '17664,10026,870
Feb '17511,81924,889
Jan '17597,53831,368
Dec '16692,56026,566
Nov '16672,32528,904
Oct '16558,87820,127
Sep '16528,03820,578
Aug '16482,16818,484
Jul '16461,78816,728
Jun '16452,25720,350
May '16522,07718,502
Apr '16433,09116,773
Mar '16454,71616,488
Feb '16479,59014,371
Jan '16529,85415,815
Dec '15492,60218,837
Nov '15353,00820,085
Oct '15417,35713,005
Sep '15355,91215,297
Aug '15411,40314,704
Jul '15354,72013,342
Jun '15417,67319,164
May '15580,07721,606
Apr '15376,62021,696
Mar '15339,35123,090
Feb '15332,08421,684
Jan '15322,89225,157
Dec '14356,31821,346
Nov '14366,08923,187
Oct '14357,83324,423
Sep '14401,28320,054
Aug '14372,89715,248
Jul '14358,38815,902
Jun '14320,07316,212
May '14388,06821,008
Apr '14341,87020,693
Mar '14313,31919,996
Feb '14271,67916,435
Jan '14200,47419,854
Dec '1393,03315,996
Nov '1392,26117,397
Oct '1389,71817,456
Sep '1394,33018,762
Aug '13102,80416,609
Jul '1382,65216,167
Jun '1388,37417,497
May '13104,17220,211
Apr '1397,46219,191
Mar '13115,84721,047
Feb '13102,19020,176
Jan '13120,44421,077
Dec '12110,79719,692
Nov '12103,45821,428
Oct '1290,41919,012
Sep '1299,50420,003
Aug '12111,41120,782
Jul '12110,15420,259
Jun '12106,61220,830
May '12120,22120,940
Apr '1280,45617,069
Mar '12103,54521,411
Feb '1293,23421,162
Jan '1285,53419,807
Dec '1182,36615,345
Nov '1181,83620,021
Oct '1179,78019,855
Sep '1162,05814,726
Aug '1155,77813,859
Jul '1166,33614,504
Jun '1180,32018,321
May '1184,29219,675
Apr '11194,02719,022
Mar '11127,03417,375
Feb '1165,99614,928
Jan '1167,05315,578

WorldCargo News the world's leading resource for international cargo professionals
CLICK HERE for our FREE weekly eNewsletter

Published: 8 November 2017      

New Noatum management team

The new management team appointed by Cosco Shipping has arrived in Spain to take over the running of Noatum Ports

The shipping line acquired some key assets of Noatum Ports in June this year - the container terminals in Valencia and Bilbao, the dry port in Coslada (Madrid) and Rail Terminal Zaragosa. This left Noatum Ports and Maritime's remaining assets with J P Morgan and Stichting Pensioenfonds ABP.

Kai Sun is the new Managing Director. He has more than 20 years in port and maritime logistics management. Previously, he was a Director at Dalian Cosco Logistics in Dalian, Director and Deputy Executive Director of South China Oceangate Container Terminal in Guangzhou, Director General of development of Cosco Pacific (China) Investment, Deputy Executive Director General of Pacific Container Terminal in Quanzhou and of Pacific Ports Development in Jinjiang, in addition to having been Director General of Anqing Port. In 2010-2015, Sun was operations director of Cosco Shipping Piraeus Container Terminal, during which time throughput increased from 600,000 TEU to more than 3M TEU.

Wei Zhang becomes President of Noatum Ports. At present, he is Executive Director and VP of the Board of Directors and Managing Director of Cosco Shipping Ports Limited. He replaces Chris Gray, who continues as President of Noatum Maritime.

Ken Chan, who has more than 25 years experience in corporate strategic planning, management and finances, become a member of the Board of Noatum Ports. He currently serves as Subdirector General of Cosco Shipping Ports Limited.

Douglas Schulz, the existing Managing Director of Noatum Ports will remain in place for a short transition period lasting several months. Thereafter he will be Managing Director of Noatum Maritime.

Meanwhile, the Spanish port involvement of JP Morgan and Stichting has decreased further as Noatum Ports has sold the 45% stake that it held in Operaciones Portuarias Canarias SA (Opcsa) in Las Palmas to Terminal Investments Ltd (MSC), which already held the other 55%. Noatum Ports' remaining assets are the container terminal in Málaga, Autoterminal in Barcelona and general cargo/dry bulk operations in Santander and Sagunto.

To find out more about WorldCargo News:
  • Click here to order a back issue
  • Click here to subscribe to WorldCargo News
  • Click here for a sample back-issue of WorldCargo News
  • Read related items
    Click on the links below to read other news and features related to this item.
  • Europe) Spain) Spain Acquisitions and mergers
  • COSCO Shipping
  • Noatum Ports
  • Opcsa Las Palmas
  • Terminal Investments
  • Acquisition and mergers
  • Appointments

  • All contents © WCN Publishing, 24 Bridge Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8BX, England.