The 2019 Navis Inspire Awards will be presented at the 12th biennial Navis World conference, being held March 25-28, 2019 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
Along with Navis itself, Navis World has expanded to encompass the broader shipping industry and the Navis Inspire awards now celebrate “terminal operators and ocean carriers using the broad suite of Navis solutions to innovate, optimise and deliver value and positive impact at their facilities and in their communities at large”. The awards are open to all Navis and XVELA customers including terminal operators, ocean carriers, vessel owners and port authorities.
The nomination categories include:
- Terminal Operations Optimisation: How have you improved and optimised operations at your terminal? Objectives may include efficiency, productivity, environmental sustainability, safety and functional benefits.
- Vessel Performance and Capacity Optimisation: How have you improved and optimized vessel performance and optimised capacity? Objectives may include vessel utilization, energy efficiency including fuel consumption, optimal cargo load, voyage/service optimization and vessel safety.
- Innovation: How have you pushed the envelope to implement new technologies and/or processes at that are connected with Navis software? Discuss project design, implementation and ongoing operations.
- Customer/Community Impact: What value have you delivered that led to a significant increase in customer satisfaction and increasing customer retention? Or how have you positively impacted your local or regional community through site operations?
- Collaboration Across the Container Flow: How have you improved operational performance through better collaboration and transparency across the ocean supply chain? Objectives may include berth productivity, operational efficiency, improved vessel turn times and enhanced alliance operations.
- Learning and Development: How are you growing your workforce’s capabilities, skills and competencies for competitive advantage? How do you manage change in the organization to stay ahead? What training, learning and developmental resources have you used, internal or external, to achieve your goals?
- A new Individual Achievement Award to recognise outstanding customers who have made a significant contribution in their company to drive the industry forward.
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2018 and nomination forms can be downloaded here.
“Through the Inspire Awards we aim to highlight the true trailblazers in ocean shipping. The awards always attract a multitude of very competitive nominations – underlying the strength of the global shipping community and its high caliber leaders,” said Bruce Jacquemard, Chief Customer Officer, Navis. “Our customers are committed to advancing the industry and thrive on innovation. and encouraging their efforts in areas critical to our industry’s future is the motivation behind the Inspire Awards. We’re truly honoured to recognise our customers who are driving change to make global trade smarter, safer and more sustainable for all.”
Navis World is an invitation only event, and Navis customers can register to attend here. Navis is also seeking sponsors for the event, and more information can be found at this link.